The Hillside Chronicle

The Student News Site of Hillside High School

The Hillside Chronicle

The Hillside Chronicle

Davidson College
January 4, 2024
Thanksgiving
January 4, 2024
Go Durham
January 4, 2024

Perseverence on the Bench

Not every player gets to play in a game. The only time when they get to play is when the team is up or the last seconds of halftime. For someone that does not play you need to stay mentally and physically prepared so when the coach needs you you are prepared already. High school games last about two or two and a half hours. There are eleven players on the field that play and some can get hurt or not eligible to play; this is another way players that don’t get to play.

Players that become a bench player haven’t played enough or they are not good enough to be a starter. People that took people’s spots have to work harder and separate them for the person.There are some things that you can do to stay prepared which is to practice like you’re a starter and separate yourself from other players. Players that don’t start also can get a scholarship from playing and practicing harder than other players can get their scholarship faster.

Here is a quote that you might need to be successful.

“Do not quit when everything do not go your way keep trying it’s good to come back to you one day”