The Hillside Chronicle

The Student News Site of Hillside High School

The Hillside Chronicle

The Hillside Chronicle

Band is Fun

Sophomore Maximizes Opportunities and Education
Jada Parker
Sophomores Davin Jackson and Kyree Atkins play the piano together during 4th period.

Keep your head up

— - Davin Jackson

“Keep your head up,” says Sophomore Davin Jackson when asked what he’d share with upcoming band members.

Jackson is a 10th grade student and  clarinet player at Hillside High School.  Jackson is not only a member of the band, he’s also a member of Theta Phi Psi, and a junior varsity football player.

Jackson shared a few of his thoughts and feelings about music and being a member of the Immortal Sting.

Jackson has been in band for 2 years and is currently playing clarinet. His mother and sister were a big inspiration in getting him into band. Now he is currently taking a semester long class with Hillside Band Director Mr. Jordan Jones.

Jackson says that attending practice and competitions are a few of his favorite memories being in the band. He adds, “It can be challenging, and other times, fun!”

Overall, Jackson enjoys band. Being in the band has open many opportunities and brought upon many skills for Jackson, such as aiding in social skills, working in groups, as well as the possibility for recognition for scholarships.

Davin does plan on pursuing band after High School and feels that others should try to fall in love with it just as he did.