The Hillside Chronicle

The Student News Site of Hillside High School

The Hillside Chronicle

The Hillside Chronicle

Lana Del Rey: Journey Through Time and Emotion in Music

Who Is Lana Del Rey?

Lana Del Rey is a famous American singer / song writer. Her music explores tragic romances, glamour, and pop culture. Del Rey is from Manhattan New York, born on June 21st, 1985. Lana has been a famous song writer since the start of 2006, and still amazes people with her glorious, angelic voice.

Lana has released over 9 albums in total. You also must give her credit for how many singles she has released (over 33 different singles). She is well-known for her imaginative song lyrics. Her most recent album is “Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd” which has over 2 million daily listeners.

What are some of her famous quotes? Lana Del Rey’s allure lies not only in her music but also in the profound statements she shares with the world through her words and lyrics.  One of her coolest lyrics is, “If you dance, I’ll dance/And if you don’t, I’ll dance anyway” from the song “Say Yes to Heaven.”

According to the Wikipedia entry on her, Del Rey loves English soccer and is a supporter of the English Premier League team Liverpool as well as the Scottish Premier League side Celtic.

She has two apartments, one in New York and the other in L.A.

Also, she won the ECHO Awards [Best International Female Artist).