The Hillside Chronicle

The Student News Site of Hillside High School

The Hillside Chronicle

The Hillside Chronicle

How Hillside High School Supports Mental Health

Student Services Shows Up For You
Jada Parker
Mr. Kevin Ellis is one of our counselors. He supports students with last names beginning with P through Z.

At Hillside High School mental health is something that’s taken very seriously. When students go to their school therapist or counselor, these are few things they may recommend. 

Ms. Anna Vandis is a therapist that works here at Hillside. If you were to speak to her about ways to improve mental health, she’d recommend for you to get good rest, eat well, get some exercise, as well as do some positive socializing. She believes that students should take care of their physical health as much as their mental health, since they both are a factor in overall good health. 

Mr. Kevin Ellis is one of our school counselors. He would recommend students to do a few of the same things, but he also thinks students should regulate social media use, as well as having someone they can talk to about whatever it is they may be going through.

If you’re hesitant to go to your counselor or a therapist in fear your information will be shared without your permission, there’s no need to worry. Counselors and therapists are both required to keep everything confidential, unless a young person is in immediate or potential danger.

Not sure who your School Counselor is?

9th Graders with last names beginning with A-L: Ms. Cherelle Lee

9th Graders with last names beginning with M-Z: Dr. Williams

10th-12th graders with last names beginning with A-G: Ms. Sutton

10th-12th graders with last names beginning with H-O: Ms. Davis

10th-12th graders with last names beginning with P-Z: Mr. Kevin Ellis